How to pray Janazah prayer?
Bismillahir Rahmanir Rahim; Inshallah, today we will discuss the rules of the Janazah prayer, the intention of Janazah prayers, the Dua of the Janazah prayer, and other issues related to Janazah.
The Arabic word janaza is singular; Many of its utterances are known. The word janaza means dead person until he is buried. There is another word related to janaza in Arabic with which we are not very familiar, And that is Jinnah. According to many, the two words janaza and jinaza have the same meaning, i.e. dead person. According to many, the word janaza means dead person and the word jinaza means bed to carry the dead person. Funeral prayer or janaza prayer is the prayer that is performed on the dead person, that is, the prayer that is performed to pray for the dead person is the janaza prayer.
What is the provision of Janazah prayers?
Funeral prayers are obligatory for every Muslim Ahl al-Qibla.
Ibn Majah H / 1527 Janayez ‘Chapter-6, Prayer on Ahlul Qibla’ Paragraph 31; Fikbhus Sunnah 1/261, 269-70.
That is, if any of the Muslims perform Janazah, the obligation will be fulfilled. If not, everyone will be responsible. As with other salats, ablution, qibla, covered the Satar, etc. are included in the conditions of Janazah. However, the difference is that there is no ruku-sajdah or sitting in the Janazah prayer and there is no specific time for this prayer. Rather, it can be read all day and night, even the forbidden three times.
Ibn Majah H / 1519; Fikbhus Sunnah 1 / 72-73, 261.
However, the Janazah of two types of death is not covered under this instruction. That is, it is not obligatory for them to perform Janazah, But it is the predicate.
The first is minor children. Because the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) did not perform the Janazah of his infant son Ibraaheem. Mother Ayesha said that the son of the Prophet died at the age of 18 months. He did not read his Janazah.
Abu Dawood 262, Sahih Abu Dawood 2629
The second is the martyr. Because, it is narrated that the Janazah of the martyrs of the warlike Prophet Uhud, etc. was not performed. Of course, not praying for him does not indicate that such a death is obligatory.
Virtues of Janazah prayer
The Prophet (sm) said that a person who attends a Janazah with faith and in the hope of reward and returns at the end of the burial, that person received two kirats of equal merit. Every Kirat is equivalent to Ohad hill. And the person who came back only after performing Janazah got one Kirat amount of virtue.
Muttafaq ‘Alaih, Mishkat H / 1851, Salat Chapter-4, Funeral Prayer’ Paragraph-5.
What are the duties of Janazah prayer?
There are six obligatory prayers. E.g.
(1) Praying standing
(2) Giving four takbeers
(3) To recite Surah Fatiha
(4) To recite Darud
(5) Praying in a pure heart for the deceased
(6) Returning the salutation.
How many Sunnat of Janazah prayers?
The circumcision of the Janazah prayers is five. E.g.
(1) Praying with the congregation
(2) To have at least three rows
(3) Standing along with the head of a man and the waist of a girl for an Imam or alone worshiper
(4) To recite a surah other than Fatiha and the prayers narrated in Hadith
(5) Standing at the end of the prayer until the Janazah is performed.
Ibn Najjar Al-Futuh, Sharhul Muntaha (Beirut: Dar Khizr 1419/1996) 3 / 55-6 ; Nasai H / 198, 69.
Everything else is desirable. If three takbeers are done by mistake, then the Imam will give the fourth takbeer again. If any takbeer of the muqtadis is missed, the salutation will be returned with the takbeer at the end. And if he does not give, there is no fault in it.
Fikbhus Sunnah 1/26.
Imamate of the Janazah prayer
If the deceased bequeaths a will to a just and pious person, he will perform the Janazah. Otherwise, the ’emir’ or his representative or any worthy close relative of the deceased, the imam of the local mosque, or any other Muttaqi scholar will lead the Janazah. The deceased can also make a will in the name of two persons.
Sharhul Muntaha 3 / 56-58; Bayhaqi 4 / 26-29.
Qatar of Janazah prayer
1. Behind the Imam, shoulder to shoulder and leg to the foot.
Muttafaq alaih, Mishkat H / 1852, 56, 57; Abu Dawud H / 72.
It is to be noted that the body of Rasulullah (sm) was kept in his bedroom. Probably: no one became an imam out of respect for him. On the contrary, everyone performed Janazah there in different ways. First men, then women, and finally boys. (Sharhul Muntaha 3/55; Sirat Ibn Hisham 2/64 p .; Ibn Majah H / 1628, ‘Janayeez Chapter 6, Paragraph-75).
2. At this time, open the sleeves of the shirt and put the cloth on the ankles.
Bukhari, Mishkat H / 4314, ‘Dress’ Chapter-22.
3. No need to open shoe sandals. If it is unclean, rubbing it on the ground will suffice.
Abu Daud H / 365-6, Tirmidhi H / 400, Mishkat H / 503, ‘Holiness Chapter-3, Paragraph-6.
4. At this time, it is just foolish to stand on shoes and sandals. Mayet will face north and face Qibla.
Albani, Talkhisul Ahkamul Janayez (Kuwait: Dar Salafiyah, 1st edition, 1402/1982), 64 p.
5. If the deceased is a male, the Imam will stand alongside the deceased. And if you are a woman, then stand along the waist of the deceased.
Tirmidhi, Abu Dawud, Mishkat H / 189.
6. If the corpse is more than one together and if it is male and female, the corpse of the male should be placed near the Imam. Then the woman’s body will remain. If there are children and women, then the body of the child will be first and the body of the woman will be later. Mustahab with three rows behind the Imam.
Abu Daud H / 316, Mookuf Hasan ‘; 6, Mishkat H / 16, ‘Janayez’ Chapter-5, Paragraph-5; Talkhis, Masala-65, p. 50.
7. In the 1st row, the heirs of the deceased and religious dignitaries will stand near the Imam. If there are four, two will stand behind the Imam.
Muslim, Mishkat H / 108 Salat Chapter-4, Paragraph-24; Sharhul Muntaha 3 / 55-59.
8. If a man and a woman beside the Imam are muqtadis, then the man will stand behind the Imam and the woman behind him. If Muqtadi is one, he will stand behind the Imam. And if no one is found, he will perform Janazah alone.
Hakeem 1/375, Bayhaqi 4 / 30-31; Talkhich 50-51 p.
However, the more the number of devout worshipers who are free from shirk and bid’ati aqeedah and amal, the more it will be beneficial for the deceased, and their prayers will be accepted.
Muslim, Mishkat H / 180-61 ‘Janayez’ Chapter-5, Paragraph-5.
The intention of the Janazah prayer
It is obligatory to make intention for every act of worship. Niyat means a determination of the mind. And its place is the heart; Not the face. None of the Prophet and his Companions uttered any specific words; So it is bidat to utter it orally; Moreover, there are no barriers to intention; If you make a conscious decision for any worship, it will become intention; There is no need to pronounce anything on the face.
Narrated Al-Qamamah Ibn Waqqas Al-Laisi: He said:
I heard ‘Umar ibn al-Khattab (R) standing on the pulpit and saying: I heard the Messenger of Allah (peace be upon him) say: Work (will be due) according to intention. And man will be rewarded according to his intention.
Sahih Bukhari Hadith No. 1
How to pray Janazah prayer
Give four takbeers in the Janazah prayer. Five to nine takbeers have been proven. However, the hadiths of the four takbeers are more Saheeh and more numerous. The muqtadi will say takbeer behind the imam.
Muttafaq alaih, Mishkat H / 1852; Talkhich 54 p.
1. At first, with the intention of Janazah in mind, say ‘Allahu Akbar’, raise both hands up to the shoulders and place the right hand on the chest over the left hand. At this time the baby will not fall.
Sharhul Muntaha 3/60; Talkkhich p.101.
The hadith of tying the hand under the navel is unanimously Zayef.
Talkhich 54 p .; See Shifatu Salatin Nabi p. 69 note.
The Companions like Anas, Ibn Omar, and Ibn Abbas (R) used to raise their hands in all takbeers.
Naylul Aotbar 5 / 60-61.
2. Then Surah Fatiha and another Surah will be recited along with Auzubillah-Bismillah.
Bukhari 1/18, H / 1335, ‘Janayez’ Chapter-23, Paragraph-65; Mishkat H / 1854; Nasai H / 198, 69; Talkhich, 54 p.
3. Then he will give the 2nd takbeer and recite Ibrahimi in Darud, which is recited after Attahiyat. Then he will give the 3rd takbeer and recite the duas mentioned in the hadith. At the end of the doa recitation, with the 4th takbeer, the salutation will be returned first to the right and then to the left. It is also permissible to return the salutation only once on the right.
Talkhich, pp. 44-56; Musannaf Ibn Abi Shaybah, Irwa H / 634, 3/161.
The janaza prayer can be recited loudly and silently.
Bukhari, Muslim, Mishkat H / 1854-55; Nasai H / 1989, 1991.
If the Imam recites aloud, the muqtadis will recite only Surah Fatiha, including Auzubillah-Bismillah, and then recite Darood and other Duas. However, if the Imam recites silently, the Muqtadis will recite Surah Fatiha and another Surah and other Duas.
Things to do before Janaza prayer
The first thing to do for the deceased before the janaza is to arrange for the repayment of his debt. For this, even if he sells all his assets, he has to do it. If he has nothing, then his close relatives, society, or government will bear the responsibility.
Muttafaq alaih, Mishkat H / 2913, buying and selling ‘Chapter-11,’ Bankruptcy and giving leave to the indebted person ‘paragraph-9.
Caution about Janazah prayer
The janaza of a great Muslim such as an adulterer, an alcoholic, a thief, a robber, a terrorist, a suicide, an illegitimate child, a grave and idol worshiper, a polytheist, and a heretic (unless he publicly declares disbelief), a betrayer of trusts, etc. No. But ordinary people will read.
Note the explanation of Bulugul Maram H / 542.
The janaza of the debtor, the suicidal, and the embezzler of Baitul Maal or the property of others was not recited by Rasulullah (sm) himself, but he asked others to recite it.
Bukhari, Mishkat H / 2909; Muslim H / 2309, Bulugul Maram H / 542; Muwatta, Mishkat H / 4011 ‘Jihad’ chapter, ‘Distribution of booty and the consequences of embezzlement in it Article-6.
It was to teach manners to others on his behalf.
Ibn Majah H / 1527, ‘Janayez’ Chapter-7, Prayer on Ahlul Qibla ‘Paragraph-31.
(1) In the battle of Khaibar or Hunain, one of the companions of Rasulullah (sm) fought valiantly. When the people praised him highly, the Prophet (sm) said, that person is a resident of Hell. Then someone secretly followed him. It turned out that the man was wounded at one point in the battle. Then he could not bear the pain and committed suicide with his own weapon. Then. The man came running and said, “I bear witness that you are the Messenger of Allah.” Then the Prophet (sm) called everyone and said, no one will enter Paradise except the true believer. Remember that many people practice paradise. But at death it becomes hellish. Again, many people go to hell, but at death, they become a paradise. Then he said, “Surely Allah helps this religion through many sinners.”
Bukhari, Fathul Bari H / 4202-03; Abu Naeem Ishfahani, Dalailun Nabuwat H / 259.
GOD says, “Do not kill yourselves.” Surely Allah is ever Merciful to you.
(2) When one of the companions of Rasulullah (sm) was killed in the battle of Khaibar, he said, “Read the janaza of your companion.” When they were upset, Rasulullah (sm) said to them, “Your companion has betrayed Allah.” A later search turned up a small stone pendant with a hole in the Jew’s necklace (which was booty) in his bag. Whose value is less than two dirhams?
Muwatta, Abu Dawood, Nasai, Mishkat H / 4011; Ibn Majah H / 2648, Sanad Sahih.
(3) When slave Mid’am, who was sent as a gift to Rasulullah (sm), was killed in the battle of Khaibar, when people started telling him the good news of his paradise, Rasulullah (sm) said angrily, never. By God! The sheet he stole from the booty will burn him.
Muttafaq alaih, Mishkat H / 3998, ‘Jihad’ Chapter-19, Paragraph-6.
(4) Another hadith says, ‘The believer’s knuckles hang with his debt and he will not enter Paradise until his debt is paid.
Tirmidhi, Ibn Majah, Daremi, Ahmad, Mishkat H / 2915, 2929.
(5) Those who deceive their partners or embezzle the land and property of others by force or deceit should not perform the janaza of a pious scholar. Because Rasulullah (sm) said, the person who unjustly occupies someone’s land, on the Day of Resurrection seven layers of land will be put around his neck as a shackle.
Muttafaq ‘Alaih, Mishkat H / 2938,’ Purchase-Sale ‘Chapter-11, Paragraph-11.
According to another narration, he will be forced to carry the burden of that soil on his head on the Day of Resurrection.
Ahmad, Mishkat H / 2959, Purchase-Sale ‘Chapter-11, Paragraph-11; Sahihah H / 242.
The above persons are Kabir sinners. But the person who intentionally neglects the prayer is called a ‘kaafir’ in the hadith.
Muslim, Mishkat H / 589; Tirmidhi, Nasai, Ibn Majah, Mishkat H / 574.
So how can his janaza be read? May Allah guide us – Amen.
1. The following prayer is well known among many prayers
اَللّهُمَّ اغْفِرْ لِحَيِّنَا وَمَيِّتِنَا وَشَاهِدِنَا وَغَائِبِنَا وَصَغِيْرِنَا وَكَبِيْرِنَا وَذَكَرِنَا وَأُنْثَانَا. اَللّهُمَّ مَنْ أَحْيَيْتَه مِنَّا فَأَحْيِه عَلَى الْإِسْلَامِ وَمَنْ تَوَفَّيْتَه مِنَّا فَتَوَفَّه عَلَى الْإِيْمَانِ, اَللّهُمَّ لَا تَحْرِمْنَا أَجْرَه وَلَا تَفْتِنَّا بَعْدَه
Pronunciation: Alla-hummagfir li hayena wa mayyetna wa shahidina wa gaybina wa chagirena wa kabirina wa zakarina wa unshana, Allahumma man ayitaahu minna faahihi ‘alal islam, wa man tawafaytahu minna fatao faahu al. Alla-humma la tahrimana azrahu wa la tannia ba’dah.
Translation: O Allah! Forgive us all, young and old, men and women, our living and the dead and (presently) absent. Whoever you keep alive, keep him alive above Islam, and whoever you want to kill, put him to death in the state of faith. O, Allah! Do not deprive us of the best reward for this death (of praying for it) and then do not put us to the test.
Ahmad, Abu Dawood, Tirmidhi, Mishkat H / 185 ‘Janayez’ Chapter-5, Paragraph-5.
2. Another important Doa that can be recited in conjunction with the first is especially for the purpose of Mayat
اللّهُمَّ اغْفِرْ لَه وَارْحَمْهُ وَعَافِه وَاعْفُ عَنْهُ وَأَكْرِمْ نُزُلَه وَوَسِّعْ مُدْخَلَه وَاغْسِلْهُ بِالْمَاءِ وَالثَّلْجِ وَالْبَرَدِ وَنَقِّه مِنَ الْخَطَايَا كَمَا نَقَّيْتَ الثَّوْبَ الْأَبْيَضَ مِنَ الدَّنَسِ وَأَبْدِلْهُ دَارًا خَيْرًا مِّنْ دَارِه وَأهْلًا خَيْرًا مِّنْ أَهْلِه وَزَوْجًا خَيْرًا مِّنْ زَوْجِه وَأدْخِلْهُ الْجنَّةَ وَأعِذْهُ مِنْ عَذَابِ الْقَبْرِ وَمِنْ عَذَابِ النَّارِ
Pronunciation: Alla-hummagfir lahu warhamhu wa afihi wa fu anhu wa akrim nuzulahu wa wasi madkhalahu, wagsilhu bilma-a wachchalje wal baradi; Wa nakrdhrihi minal khatba-ya kama unakukrch saobul abayayu minad danasi, wa abdilhu da-ran khairan min darihi wa ahlan khairam min ahlihi wa jaojan khairam min jaojihi; Wa adkhihul jannata wa ayahu min ‘ajabil krabare wa min’ aza-bin na-re.
Translation: O Allah! You forgive this corpse. Please him. Keep him safe and forgive his sins. You give him respectful hospitality. Spacious his dwelling. You wash him with water, ice, and dew, and set him free from sin, as a white cloth is cleansed from dirt. Give him a better home than the home of the world. Give him a better family than his worldly family and a better couple than the worldly couple. You will admit him to Paradise and save him from the torment of the grave and the torment of Hell.
Muslim H / 2234, Mishkat H / 1855.
3. Another special blessing
اللّهُمَّ إِنَّ فُلَانَ بْنَ فُلَانٍ فِي ذِمَّتِكَ وَحَبْلِ جَوَارِكَ فَقِه مِنْ فِتْنَةِ الْقَبْرِ وَعَذَابِ النَّارِ وَأَنْتَ أَهْلُ الْوَفَاءِ وَالْحَقِّ اللّهُمَّ اغْفِرْ لَه وَارْحَمْهُ إِنَّكَ أَنْتَ الْغَفُورُ الرَّحِيْمُ
Pronunciation: Alla-humma inna fula-nabna fula-nin fi jimmatika wa habli jiwa-rika; Fakihi Min Fitnatil Kabri Wa ‘Aza-Binna-ri; Wa anta ahlul wafa-i wal hakku. Alla-hummagfirlahu warhamhu, innaka antal gafurur rahim.
Translation: O Allah! So-and-so’s son is under your care and supervision. To save him from the torment of the grave and the torment of Hell. You are the owner of promise and truth. O, Allah! You forgive him and have mercy on him. Indeed Thou art the Forgiving, the Merciful.
Abu Dawud, Ibn Majah, Mishkat H / 17.
4. This prayer can also be read
اللهم عبدك وابن أمتك احتاج إلى رحمتك، وأنت غني عن عذابه، إن كان محسنا فزد في حسناته، وإن كان مسيئا فتجاوز عنه
Pronunciation: Allahumma ‘Abduka wa Ibnu Amatika, Ihta-ja ila Rahmatika wa Anta Ganiyun’ An ‘Aza-Bihi. In ka-na muhsinan fayed fi hasana-tihi; Wa in ka-na musian, fataja-waz ‘anhu.
Translation: O Allah! Mayet is your servant and the child of one of your slaves. He is a beggar of your mercy. You are not obliged to punish him. So if he is virtuous, then increase his virtue. And if he is unjust, then forgive him.
Hakeem 1/359, Sanad Sahih; Talkhih 56.
5. If the deceased is a child after reciting the 1st Doa of Surah Fatiha, Darood, and Janazah, the following Doa will be recited
God has made it possible for us to be the forerunners,
Pronunciation: Alla-hummaj’Alhu Lana Salafaon wa Faratbaon wa Zukhraon wa Azran. It can be said by adding ‘wa le abawaihe’ (and for her parents) with Lana.
Fikbhus Sunnah 1/284.
Translation: O Allah! Consider this child as a forerunner, a forerunner, and capital and reward for us (and his parents) in the Hereafter.
Bukhari Ta’liq 1/16, H / 1335; Mishkat H / 1890; Miraat 5/423.
Etiquette of Janazah Dua
The Prophet (sm) said that when you perform the Janaza prayer, pray in your heart for the deceased.
Abu Dawud, Ibn Majah, Mishkat H / 164.
Therefore, whatever the good or bad of the deceased, one should pray for him with an open mind. Allah is the owner of accepting or not accepting. Sahib Aon said that this hadith proves that there is no specific Doa for the dead. Rather any prayer can be made. Shawkani also said this. However, he said that it is better to recite the Does narrated in the Hadith. No need to change pronouns at this time. Because Mayet ‘is the purpose here. Mayet is an Arabic word, which is used in both sexes.
Commentary of Aonul Mabud H / 3164 6/496; Nile 5/62, 64.
Tags: janazah, janazah prayers, janazah prayer, janazah dua, salatul janazah, how to pray janazah, salat al-janazah, salat al janazah, janazah funeral, how to pray janazah prayer, how to perform janazah prayer, how to pray salatul janazah, how to pray janazah hanafi, how to pray janazah (hanafi), salatul janazah dua, dua for janazah, janazah meaning, janazah prayer steps, what is janazah, salatul janazah prayer, dua for salatul janazah, solat janazah, janazah prayer dua in arabic, janazah definition, how to perform janazah prayer salafi, janazah prayer dua, dua janazah,
janaza prayers, janaza dua, namaz janaza, dua for janaza, janaza meaning, namaz e janaza dua, dua janaza, namaz janaza dua, namaz e janaza ki dua, dua e janaza, janaza prayer dua, namaz e janaza ka tarika, janaza ki dua, salat janaza, salate janaza, janaza namaz, janaza prayer for female, muslim janaza, janaza dua in english, namaz janaza ka tarika, how to pray namaz e janaza, namaz janaza ki dua, namaz e janaza niyat, nimaz e janaza ki dua, how to perform janaza prayer, janaza ki namaz ka tarika, complete namaz e janaza, how to perform namaz janaza, what is janaza prayer, dua for namaz janaza, how to perform salat al janaza, haji peer sahib jhelum janaza, namaz e janaza dua in english, salat janaza hadith, janaza namaz tarika, janaza ki namaz ka tarika in english,